If you’ve followed our blog – which you should – then you would know we are advocates for creativity. Mixology is an art and bloody marys are the canvas. Your loaded bloody mary should have shades of your personality and really express what you are all about. We have included some badass inspirational bloody marys and a couple recipes to get you on the right track of creating your own masterpiece.
Loaded Bloody Mary Recipes
This is a wonderful loaded bloody mary that will keep your taste buds guessing. The mixture of different flavors creates a roller coaster of a cocktail that you’ll want to share with everyone.
- 1 tablespoon celery salt or (or plain kosher salt, if you prefer)
- 1/4 lemon, cut into two wedges
- 2-4 oz. Stu’s ‘This is Bloody Mary Mix’ Concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or less to taste)
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Franks)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish (or 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish)
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces high-quality tomato juice
- 1 stick celery
- Place celery salt in a shallow saucer. Rub rim of 12-ounce tumbler with 1 lemon wedge and coat wet edge with celery salt. Place lemon wedge on rim of glass. Fill glass with ice.
- Add soy, black pepper, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, and horseradish to bottom of cocktail shaker. Fill shaker with ice and add vodka, tomato juice, Stu’s Mix and juice of remaining lemon wedge. Shake vigorously, taste for seasoning and heat, and adjust as necessary. Strain into ice-filled glass. Garnish with celery stalk and serve immediately.
Spicy and Nice
Another loaded bloody mary that will have your guests coming back for more. A little more spicy than the past one, and the addition of Stu’s Smoked Jalapeno Bloody Mary Mix will make this perfect for those who love a spicy bloody.
- 1 4-8 ounce can of tomato juice, or about 6 cups
- 3 tablespoons prepared creamy hot horseradish
- 2¼ teaspoons celery salt
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- Tabasco sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Stu’s Smoked Jalapeno Bloody Mary Mix
- Pickle-infused vodka or regular vodka if you prefer
- Mix the tomato juice, horseradish, celery salt, garlic salt and black pepper in a large pitcher. Season with 10-15 shakes of Tabasco sauce, or to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To assemble drinks, mix the celery salt and kosher salt on a small plate. Dip the rim of your glass in a shallow amount of water, then dip into the salt mix and twist. Fill an 8 ounce glass to the top with ice. Add 2 ounces of pickle-infused vodka or regular vodka then top with Stu’s Bloody Mary Mix (1 ounce).
- Garnish with limes, lemons, celery ribs, blue cheese stuffed olives, bacon strips, pepperonis, cooked shrimp, hot sauce, pickles, pickled asparagus or green beans, pickled beets, chunks of cheese and anything your heart desires.
Loaded Bloody Mary Inspirations
From Around The Country
O’Davey’s Irish Pub
We featured this bloody mary on our Delicious Garnish post, but why not showcase them again? I mean, this loaded bloody mary is seriously impressive and includes everything you could want from a ballpark bloody. Order up!
The Nook – The Bloody Best
Simple, yet elegant. If you’re a bloody mary enthusiast, you understand this well. Keep the garnishes packed with flavor and keep the presentation simple.
Ultimate Bloody – Lola
Since we are on the subject of simple bloody marys, we thought we would include this quaint one from Lola in Denver. A different array of flavors: a mix of spicy, sweet and tart all in one drink. Simple, yet loaded with perfection.
Sumo Mary – Sunda
This Asian-inspired bloody mary has to make this list. We’re all for experimenting with your drink and bringing something new to the table, and the people from Sunda haven’t disappointed. We may be a bit biased based on their Illinois roots, but that’s neither here nor there. What we can say is that they’ve changed the game with the use of Chinese broccoli, duck bao, and oshinko pickles.
BBQ Bloody Mary – That Boy Good BBQ
Innovation that excites. A saying you’ve heard plenty through radio and television advertisements and one that is relevant to this bloody mary here. A hearty cocktail with some BBQ spice topped with a glazed rib? What more could you ask for? A napkin, that’s what.
F*** Brunch – Anvil Pub
Alright others were talking about it, so we had to include it in our list of most bad ass loaded bloody marys. There’s a lot going on here, and that’s part of the reason why we are so crazy about it. Tons of vegetables to get you those essential nutrients – which is why you’re drinking the bloody mary, right? Throw in some seafood and a burger and you’re good to go. Get yourself something to wash it down, you’ll need it.
There you have it. Recipes that will make your mouth water and inspirations that will have your mind racing. This is just the beginning of what you can create, so get out there and make something incredible. Combine a recipe or two, do something that hasn’t been done and impress everyone you know. Put the work into making your loaded bloody mary special and it will be.