Bloody Mary BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 oz. Tomato juice
- 1 can 28 oz. whole tomato with juice
- 1 small onion
- 3/4 cup Stu’s Bloody Mary Mix
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 8-10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce to a bare simmer and cook uncovered for 2 hours or until tomatoes have fully broken down.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Remove from stove top, cover with foil and bake in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serve with turkey, chicken or ham.
Is the sauce baked as well as cooked on the stove? Thanks!