The Bloody Maria
Also known as a Bloody Mary with Tequila
The concept is simple, a bloody mary with tequila instead of vodka.
This is a delicious twist on the Classic Bloody Mary. But with this recipe, swap out the vodka with some tequila. We love it because Tequila offers bolder flavors that pair perfectly with the spiciness and smokiness of our award-winning Smoked Jalapeno mix.
A Bloody Maria is a popular drink for several reasons:
- Flavor: The combination of tomato juice and spices creates a flavorful and savory drink that is often described as a “spicy Bloody Mary.”
- Versatility: The drink can be served as a brunch cocktail, a hangover cure, or even as a brunch alternative to traditional cocktails like mimosas. Many restaurants and bars have it on their bloody mary menu now.
- Customizability: Just like the Bloody Mary, the Bloody Maria drink is highly customizable, with many variations that allow people to add their own touch. For example, some people prefer to add additional spices, hot sauces, or even add different types of alcohol like tequila or mezcal.
- Popularity: The Bloody Mary has a long history, and has been a popular cocktail for many decades. The Bloody Maria is a variation of the Bloody Mary, and has gained popularity in recent years.
Here’s Why We Love It
Tequila, with its bold and slightly sweet flavor profile, pairs perfectly with the savory and slightly acidic taste of tomato juice. The combination creates a balanced and refreshing drink that is perfect for sipping on a warm day, or for enjoying as a brunch cocktail.
Additionally, the spices commonly used in Bloody Maria, such as Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and celery salt, enhance the flavors of both the tequila and the tomato juice, resulting in a drink that is both complex and delicious. Quick Note: All of those ingredients are in our STUs Smoked Jalapeno Concentrate).
We prefer the tomato juice to be fresh and the tequila should be a middle-shelf blanco. No need to spend an arm and a leg when you’re adding so many other ingredients…but few things are worse on earth than bad tequila (I can still taste those shots from college).
The drink should be garnished with a celery stalk and a wedge of lime, making it not only delicious but also visually appealing and pretty.
So, if you’re in the mood for a refreshing and flavorful drink, a Bloody Maria made with tequila and fresh tomato juice is definitely worth trying.
How To Make A Bloody Maria
If you’re familiar with Stu’s Bloody Mary Mix, you know that making any bloody is crazy simple. It’s the 2-5-1 formula.
Bloody Maria Recipe
Bloody Maria Ingredients:
- 2 oz Stu’s Smoked Jalapeno Bloody Mary Mix
- 6 oz tomato juice
- 1 oz Blanco tequila (you can of course add more)
- Sea Salt (Rimmer)
- Highball / pint glass
Where you normally used 1 oz of vodka you are now using 1 oz of tequila. That’s how easy Stu’s makes it for you. No muss, no fuss–just a damn delicious Bloody Maria.
What’s in Stu’s Bloody Mary mix, and why is it the best?
You certainly can’t go wrong using the Stu’s Original Flavor, but we do recommend our Smoked Jalapeno Bloody Mary Mix for your bloody maria recipe.
Packed with Pickle Brine, and Wocheseshire Sauce, spice blend and our own proprietary hot sauce that we only make for our mix. It’s the perfect balance of jalapeno heat with a little chipotle smokiness. It accents the Tequilla well and like all STUs concentrates, you get to make it with the perfect spice level preference.
Overall, the Bloody Maria’s combination of flavor, versatility, customizability, and popularity make it a popular drink that is enjoyed by many people.
Next time you are feeling l taking a chance, or you just want to break the monotony, give this latin inspired bloody a try. You may just find the bloody maria is your new go-to beverage for taco Tuesday with the buds.
Interested in other drinks? Try the Bloody Margarita!