For those bloody mary lovers, we have a delicious Summertime cocktail you have to try. The bloody margarita! It may sound like some combo that you wouldn’t try on your own, but hear us out. It’s bloody good.
So it a Bloody Mary Marg or a Margarita Bloody Mary? Well yes, it’s both! It’s the combination of all of the best parts of a traditional savory bloody Mary with all the best parts of a sweet and tasty margarita all combined for the ultimate party in your mouth.
It’s a perfect morning cocktail for a fun Sunday brunch but definately makes for a great day drinking patio pal too. And of course, on Cinco de Mayo you’ll be the hit of the fiesta.
The Bloody Margarita Cocktail
We’ll start with the Bloody Mary part. There are many versions but the traditional recipe includes tomato juice, black pepper, celery salt, Worcestershire, and hot sauce, and of course vodka.
To make this cocktail with the margarita portion, we’ll need to add some citrus and some silver, or blanko tequila. We’ve thought about adding more booze for that citris kick, like a by using some Grand Marnier. But the better taste option is to go with orange juice.
Bloody Margarita Ingredients
- Chili powder
- 4 lime wedges
- Tomato juice
- Orange Juice
- Silver or blanko tequila
- Triple sec
- STUs Smoked Jalapeno Bloody Mary Concentrate
- Jalapeño slices
- (If you like wasting time and energy and hate flavor, you can make your own mix here:)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to Make a Bloody Margarita, Instructions:
- Rim each margarita glass with 1 lime wedge, then dip your rims in the chili powder. For garnish, you can place a lime wedge on the rim of each glass.
- Combine your tomato juice, tequila, triple sec, and STUs Smoked Jalapeno in a cocktail shaker.
- Squeeze the remaining limes into the shaker.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously. Strain into prepared glasses.
- Garnish with your sliced jalapeños before serving.
For a Frozen Bloody Margarita:
- Add ice to a blender. Crush the ice until the ice cubes become small particles.
- Pour the Bloody Margaita from your shaker into the blender with the crushed ice.
- Pulse the blender 2-3 times so the mixture combines with the ice.
For more recipes, visit our Bloody Mary Blog!