Making your own beef jerky. Just about the most badass thing we can think of, and we’re going to give you the best beef jerky recipe to do it yourself.
This isn’t some cute, modern kitchen beef jerky. This is a flannel shirt, middle-of-the-woods, Paul Bunyan beef jerky. Bring your best.
Best Beef Jerky Recipe
- 3 lbs hangar steak or flank steak
- 8 oz. Stu’s This is Bloody Mary Concentrate
- 8 oz. Soy sauce
- Put beef in the freezer for 40 minutes to chill and firm up the flesh. With a sharp knife, slice against the grain of the meat, cutting it into small strips.
- Place strips and remaining ingredients into a 1-gallon sized zip-top bag. Marinate in the refrigerator, overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- Lay out strips on a baking pan and place in an oven at its lowest setting.
- Crack the door open and cook 2-3 hours flipping the strips every 20-30 minutes until the desired texture achieved.